We were privileged to have Keri Bowman speak at our PTK meeting yesterday. Ms. Bowman is the Associate Director of Advising at NC State University, and she gave some very helpful information for an easy transition to State. Here are some of her best tips summed up:
- EARLIER IS BETTER!
- Think about your career goals: What do you want to do? Why?
- Talk to an advisor at Wake Tech or NC State to get help or advice.
- Choose a major that you really want. You must list a first, second, and third choice for major when you create a WOLFPAW account.
- Create a WOLFPAW account.
- Contact an advisor in the major you want to go into; if he or she cannot give you all the help you need, contact Keri Bowman.
April 1-application must be in for Fall admission
November 1-application must be in for Spring admission
July 1-official transcripts must be in for Fall admission
December 1-official transcripts must be in for Spring admission
If you have further questions or would like more helpful tips, contact Keri Bowman via her email address. firstname.lastname@example.org